Activities for Preschool
Activities for Children
Activities for Youth
Activities for Adults
Adult Sunday Classes
Weekday Early Education
9:00 Get Connected - Contemporary Service
9:00 Sunday School Prayer Time
9:45 Sunday School - Bible Study
10:30 Sanctuary Choir Warm-Up
10:45 Deacons Prayer Time
11:00 Morning Worship Service
11:00 Extended Sessions - Bible Activities for Babies through Kindergarten
5:00 Handbell Choir
10:00 AM Grand-N-Glory Choir
7:00 PM Committe meetings
10:00 Church Staff Meeting
9:30 AM Women’s Bible Study
5:30 Family Night Supper
6:15 Music and Missions classes for Children
6:30 Adult Bible Studies
7:30 Sanctuary Choir
Return to Top
- Sunday School provides Bible activities related to developmental needs of preschoolers which are foundational to their spiritual awareness and growth.
- Preschool Bible Explorers are offered "Hands-On" Bible study on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. for 3 to 5 year olds.
- Quality Childcare is provided during Sunday School and Worship as well as most Church functions.
- Preschool Committee provides social activities for the Preschooler with events throughout the year. They include an Easter egg hunt, pool party, and Octoberfest party.
- Wee Program is offered to children ages 3, 4, and 5 at our Church on Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Preschool Music is offered on Sunday mornings.
- Sunday School provides systematic study of Bible passages which relate to development and are foundational to the spiritual growth of children.
- Children's Committee offers fun social activities for the children though out the year. Past activities have included a drive-in movie night, pool party, Easter egg hunt and Christmas caroling.
- Sunday School classes grouped by school grades are offered to youth. A systematic study of the Bible related to the life needs of youth.
- Youth opportunity for fellowship, worship, and study activities. This meets from 5:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. on Sunday evenings.
- Youth Bible Study is offered from 6:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday nights.
- Summer Mission Trips - The Youth are involved each summer in a variety of mission projects.
- Youthweek - Held in August, this is designed to kick-off the new school year. Special recreational activities are planned each day of this five day event.
- Sunday morning Bible study or Sunday school is available for college age through senior adults. There are coed classes as well as some separate men and women classes. See classes below.
- We offer a variety of courses throughout the year on Wednesday nights.
- Sunshine Class meets on Sunday mornings. This class is designed for adults with special needs.
- The Woman’s Missionary Union (WMU) provide women opportunities for mission study and mission action.
- Music is vital to Grandin Court Baptist Church. Music opportunities are available for Adults and Senior Adults. Adults are encouraged to participate in the Sanctuary Choir on Wednesday.
- "Young at Heart"(Senior Adults) meet monthly for lunch and special programs. Special trips are planned throughout the year.
- The Fertile Crescent – A very loving, supportive, interactive and caring class for parents of young families. They meet in room #45. Teachers: Paul Dull and Kim Selvey
- Faithbuilders – This is a couples class that places equal emphasis on faith and fellowship. The class uses contemporary, discussion based studies relative to daily living. The class shares fellowship, prayer, and Bible study to learn God’s word and to interact with others whose interests lie in the spiritual development of themselves and their families. This class meets in the multi purpose room in the MAC. Teachers: Todd Hannah and Bill Buckles
- Koinonia – “Koinonia” is a Greek word for Fellowship. Interactive style lessons from Smyth and Helwys are a vital part of the Bible study time. This class meets in the Fellowship Hall. Teachers: J.C. Preas, Ab Jones, Judy Edgel
- Cornerstone – This class is for middle age couples interested in an interactive format , structured in a contemporary manner. The study material is largely Scripture based and topical. Teacher: Joe Poleo. This class meets in room #54
- Seekers – This is a Co-ed class that focuses on Bible study and lessons that affect our daily lives. The literature is primarily Smyth and Helwys Formations. The teaching style is informal with emphasis on class participation and open discussion. Teachers: Ed and Janice Murray. They meet in room #58 below the chapel.
- Pairs and Spares – Using Life Way’s “Life Matters” literature. This class studies the Bible through an interactive style of study. Teacher: Perry Manning. This class meets in room #58A below the Chapel.
- Seeking Him – This class is for those interested in in-depth Bible study. The class meets in room #23. The teacher is Glen Young.
- Friendship – This is a class of caring women using Life Way Explore the Bible Literature. Wilma Blackburn is the teacher. They meet in room 12.
- Sophia – This ladies class is taught by Carolyn Bain. They use the Revised Common Lectionary Scripture selections as the basis for Bible study. The members of this class seek wisdom in their spiritual formation as they love and serve. This class meets in room #148 beside the Chapel.
- Women of Purpose – As the name implies, this is a class of ladies who get together each Sunday to discuss topical subjects from the Bible. The class meets in the Conference Room and facilitated by Laura Brewer.
- Singles II – This is a caring and supportive class for adults who are single by choice, divorced or widowed. Monthly class lunches and other singles activities are sponsored and encouraged. This class is led by Philip Lingafelt. Singles II meets in room #51 below the chapel.
- Co-Ed – This class is for couples and senior single adults. Life Way’s “Explore the Bible” series is the material used by this class to grow each member to a better understanding of the Bible and what God says to them through His Word. Teachers: Kathy Smith, Joan Kopcial Associate teacher: Duke Thomas. This class meets in room #140.
- Ruth – This ladies class uses Smyth and Helwys Formations material for Bible based instruction which can be applied to our daily lives for the purpose of following Christ’s teaching. Class luncheons are held each month and projects are established. Teacher: Mildred Hopkins. The class meets in room #138.
- Disciples – This men’s class is taught by Claude Kersey and Fred Nicewonder and meets in room #135. They use LifeWay , Life Ventures literature.
- Sunshine – This class is for our wonderful adult special education friends. The atmosphere is very loving and caring. The teachers are Katherine Ford, Marcia Dent and Garnett Wickline. They meet in room #12.
- New Member – This is a four week class taught by one of our Ministers and is designed for our new members and those who are interested in membership. This class is taught several times throughout the year.
- Our Weekday Early Education Program seeks to provide an atmosphere of nurture, support, and affirmation for pre-kindergarten children of the church and the community. The Preschool Program is for children between the ages of 3 and 5. The school's main purpose is to foster an understanding and appreciation of God's presence in nature and in each child’s life. The program is not primarily or specifically academic. Rather, the Preschool is designed to foster the development of a healthy self-esteem and wholesome relationships to all of God’s creation. Our teachers and staff teach by example, deed and word.
- Involvement in various activities related to everyday life is highly appropriate to the needs of the preschool child. Further, encouraging the child to love himself, his family, and his world is excellent preparation for kindergarten and grade school.
- Grandin Court Baptist Preschool provides a relaxed learning environment in which a child can live and grow in a world his/her own size. The curriculum provides opportunities for units of study in the areas of interest and needs that are most universal in young children. Some examples are: creative expression (language, art, and music), relating to others, learning through experiences, personal growth, and physical growth.
Our program runs from 9 am - Noon, September - May and generally follows the Roanoke County School calendar. If you are interested in finding out more about our Preschool program, you may contact the church office.Return to Top